Neurologists are trained to identify and treat conditions that affect the central nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, and nerves. Some of the most common neurological conditions are listed below.
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Migraine and Other Headache Disorders
- Neuropathic Pain
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Stroke and TIA
- Epilepsy, Seizures, Spells, and Syncope
- Multiple Sclerosis and Other Demyelinating Diseases
- Brain Tumors
- Spinal Cord Tumors
- Spinal Pain
- Neuropathy, Myopathy, and Muscular Dystrophy
- Lou Gehrig’s Disease (ALS) and Other Motor Neuron Disorders
- Vertigo and Balance Disorders
Treatments and Procedures Offered
A comprehensive offering of treatments for neurological conditions is available to you at Colonial Neurology. Some of the more common diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures we do are listed below.
- Botox Injections for Spasticity, Headache, and Dystonias
- Electromyography (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- Autonomic Testing
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Spinal Injections
- Trigger Point Injections
- Memory/Neurocognitive Testing
- Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG) and Holter Monitoring
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Management
Same-Day Appointments Available
When you need medical attention, Colonial Family Practice should be your first call. With more than a dozen primary care providers we can offer a same-day appointment for most illnesses or injuries. In addition, we offer on-site diagnostic testing and urgent care (with extended hours 7 days a week) in both Sumter and Manning.
Call us today for an appointment at one of our convenient family practice offices, or you can use our online appointment request form.