Keys to losing weight:
- Understand this is NOT a diet… it must be a lifestyle changes to achieve long term success.
- Eat six meals a day. Eat a big breakfast and a light supper. Eat every two hours.
- If you wait to eat until you are hungry, your body is in fat storage and is not burning fat.
- You want to eat plenty throughout the day and with each meal.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day and with each meal.
Sample Meal Plan
- A one-to-four egg omelet with a small amount of cheese
- Black coffee
- Ice water
- One of the following: two pieces of bacon or one handful of peanuts or almonds
- Ice water or coffee
- Sandwich or hamburger without the bun/bread
- Celery sticks with hummus (no chips)
Salads are good, but no dressing except oil and vinegar. NO bread!
- A few leftovers from lunch (remember, you are not hungry), almonds, peanuts, cheese stick, jerky
- An apple
4pm Key Snack
- A boiled egg, peanuts, almonds, jerky
Eat as much as you can. Your mother said, “Don’t eat that! IT will ruin your appetite!” Your doctor says, “Exactly!”
- A small amount of fish, chicken or steak
- Vegetables- all you can eat
Last but not least, dessert!
- One small piece of dark chocolate, a strawberry, and some low-carb Cool Whip
Dessert tells my brain that I am done- no seconds. Eat it as early as you can.
Foods to avoid: Bread, rice, pasta, cereal, sweet drinks, alcohol
Foods to limit: Fruits (except apples), yogurt
All you can eat: Protein, lean meats, vegetables, nuts